Yule in Yorkshire: Inside the Minster

By Friday, December 27, 2013

Short post as I get my head around all the photos I've taken this Christmas! But lo and behold, I did make it inside York Minster! And inside was just as impressive as the outside, if not more so...



Sadly, the tower was closed due to the horrific weather conditions - namely a high-speed wind that would chill you to your bones and then blow you off the top - but we still had a look round the little exhibition they had on about the minster through the ages.

Naturally, my camera also had a good day out as well... 


I crept off down what to all appearances seemed to be a deserted corridor. Expecting to encounter an irate old priest who would shoo me off back into the nave, the further down the room I went, the more trepidation I felt. But as I turned a corner, I realised I had found Chapter House, the little octagonal offshoot of the Minster, which features this amazing decorated ceiling. 


York Minster does actually just seem to go on forever, and as Wikipedia reliably informs me, it is the largest gothic cathedral in Northern Europe. Do go in if you get the chance because the light is amazing and it really is just stunning...


Yule in Yorkshire
Part One | Part Two | Part Three | Part Four

Related Posts

0 responses