Pescadero

By Saturday, November 08, 2014

What better way to spend my mid-semester break in Victoria... than to leave Victoria and fly down to California!


I am very fortunate to have family who live in the Bay Area so I spent the collective six days I had free down in the phenomenally sunny US! Little did I know I'd be taken on an adventure to the coast! 

We drove the winding roads up and over the mountains all the way to Pescadero, where we'd be staying for a long weekend. 


My family had rented this house for the weekend with it's own private beach! 


We played on the beach and looked in rock pools until the sun went down.


But the next morning we were surrounded in fog! Even when we drove down the coast to Pescadero Marsh Preserve we couldn't shake it. 


It made for some very atmospheric pictures though. 

Snowy egret
Our walk took us through the marsh and eventually finished at the beach. It was a lot colder than I had expected, so I was wearing as many layers as I could find. 


We spotted a range of wildlife on the walk however... 


Two deer were sat just opposite us on the other side of the bank! 


Leaving the marsh we discovered some huts made of driftwood.


It was still pretty foggy on the beach but there was fun to be had.


After lunch, we drove south in search of some sun!


Another afternoon spent playing and exploring rock pools!


A lovely way to relax after a stressful week of midterms! The following day, however, we would be going on a sea safari! 


Pescadero | Moss Landing | Big Basin

Related Posts

0 responses